- To provide the structure, tuition and support throughout the course to enable participants to have the best learning experience possible
- To significantly grow the participants’ knowledge and experience of pregnancy, labour, birth and how yoga can relate to each of these stages
- To instil in the trainees the knowledge and expertise required to teach prenatal yoga safely, professionally and with compassion
- To cultivate within the yoga teachers, respect and appreciation for their students and for their role in assisting their students through the journey of pregnancy
- To engender excellence in the teaching methods of our trainees by referring to the most up-to-date evidence-based research whilst maintaining loyalty to the philosophies that underlie the practice of yoga.
- To support the students in their own personal journies and spiritual growth throughout the course
- Introduction to yoga and pregnancy
- Movement & Asana, including,
- Limbering exercises for pregnancy
- Asana suitable for pregnancy
- Contraindicative postures
- Modifications to make traditional postures accessible and/or safe for pregnant women
- Positions and movements for labour and birth
- Pranayama & breathing exercises suitable for pregnancy and birthing
- Anatomy & Physiology, including:
- The changes to different body systems during pregnancy
- Common pregnancy-related conditions and how yoga can help
- Foetal development
- Physiology of birth (the processes of labour and birth)
- The anatomy of the pelvic floor and accompanying exercises
- Teaching Methodology: Lesson planning for pregnancy yoga and general tips for teaching pregnant women.
- Mantra, chant and voice for pregnancy and birth
- Relaxation, visualisations and meditations for pregnant women
- The Subtle Body in Pregnancy
- Yogic philosophy and prenatal yoga
- Business Skills for prenatal yoga
- Birthing in Ireland: evidence-based care and how yoga can help
- Assignment preparation: guidelines for assignments and assignment support.
A detailed description of each module can be found in our prospectus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a prospectus.
Day 2: Sunday 3rd February 2019
Day 4: Saturday 10th March 2019
- To have considerably deepened and expanded their knowledge and understanding of the processes of pregnancy, labour and birth and how prenatal yoga can play a huge role in preparing both body and mind for these miraculous experiences.
- To be confident and practiced in teaching yoga and other techniques for pregnancy, including movements and postures (asana), breathing (pranayama), voice (mantra) and visualisations (yoga nidra & relaxation).
- To have developed their teaching, speaking, listening and observational skills
- To be able to plan and present suitable prenatal yoga classes both for assessment and teaching purposes.
For assessment purposes, students will be required to adequately demonstrate their understanding of pregnancy & prenatal yoga, along with their planning and teaching skills through assignments, class participation, teaching practice and observed teaching practice.
Assignments will include: making a presentation on a book you have read related to prenatal yoga teaching; developing a course plan suitable for prenatal yoga and teaching it to at least one pregnant woman; and creating a report on your teaching experiences.
Within class, the lessons will involve active learning where students will be expected to contribute to discussions on the topics covered in the course.
Once candidates have attended the course, contributed in class and successfully passed the teaching assessment and course assignments, they will be awarded a Diploma in Prenatal Yoga Teaching.
The course fee is €745. An early bird price of €695 is available if booked by Saturday 8th December.
This includes course materials and notes, administration fees and assessment fees.
Students will be given a recommended reading list but it is not obligatory to purchase books to complete this course.
A deposit of €250 must be paid upon application. The remainder of the fee should be paid on or before the first day of training. Flexible payment options are possible. Contact Adrienne 0834195646 email@example.com
Please find the application form here